Justin Bieber is once again taking a break from his Justice World Tour.
On Tuesday, the singer announced on his Instagram Stories that he had canceled future shows to focus on himself. His announcement came a day after finishing a show at Rock in Rio in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
“After coming off stage, exhaustion overtook me and I realized that I had to make my health a priority right now,” the “Peaches” singer wrote in his statement. “So I’m going to take a break from touring for the time being. I’ll be fine, but I need time to rest and get better.
Bieber’s world tour kicked off Feb. 18 at Pechanga Arena in San Diego and was scheduled to run through 2023, with the final show scheduled for March 25 in Krakow, Poland. The singer’s next show was scheduled to take place in Santiago, Chile on Wednesday.
The Grammy winner was also scheduled to stop in South Africa, Israel, Singapore, the Philippines, Japan, Spain and the UK. Prior to his Tuesday announcement, Bieber had previously canceled concerts in Washington, DC and Toronto due to health concerns.
“I’ve been so proud to bring this show and our message of justice to the world,” her statement to fans continued. “Thank you for your prayers and support throughout this! I love you all passionately.
Bieber resumed his live performance circuit in late July, nearly a month after revealed his diagnosis of Ramsay Hunt syndrome. In June, he told fans that the virus “attacked the nerve in my ear and my facial nerves and caused paralysis in my face.”
The Mayo Clinic said Ramsay Hunt occurs in people who have had chickenpox and is an outbreak of shingles that affects the nerve near an ear and causes one-sided paralysis and hearing loss. It is more common in people over the age of 60.
“So for those who are frustrated with my cancellations of upcoming shows, I’m just physically, obviously not able to do them,” Bieber said in his June video. “It’s quite serious, as you can see. I wish it wasn’t, but obviously my body is telling me I need to slow down.